10 What are principles of an API test design
API = Application Programming Interface
An API is a set of programming instructions and standards for accessing a webtool or database. A software company releases its API to the public so othersoftware developers can design products that are powered by its service. TheAPI is usually packaged in an SDK.
APK = Android Application Package
Android application package is the package file format used to distribute andinstall apps onto Google’s Android operating system, and certain otheroperating systems, such as Blackberry. Simply put – itâs an Android app.When you build an Android app with App Press, we export and send you an APKfile.
IPA = iPhone Application Archive
An .ipa file is an iOS application archive file which stores an iOS app. It isusually encrypted with Apple’s FairPlay DRM technology. Each .ipa file iscompressed with a binary for the ARM architecture and can only be installed onan iOS-device. Simply put – itâs an iOS app. When you build an iOS app withApp Press, we export and send you an IPA file.Still have questions? Contact us to set up a call.Application Programming Interface (API)
Application Programming Interface (API)
* * *An Application Programming Interface (API) contains software building tools,subroutine definitions as well as communication protocols that facilitateinteraction between systems. An API may be for a database system, operatingsystem, computer hardware or a web-based system.An Application Programming Interface makes it simpler to use certaintechnologies to build applications for the programmers. API can includespecifications for data structures, variables, routines, object classes,remote calls etc.A diagram that shows the API in the system is as follows −
8. Some common protocols used in API testing?
Many protocols are now available to be used in API testing, such as JMS, REST,HTTP, UDDI and SOAP.
9. What is the test environment of API?
Setting up the API’s test environment is not an easy task, so you should havea ready answer if your API testing interview is coming. The test environmentof API is a bit complete and requires the configuration of the database andserver, depending on the software requirements. No GUI (Graphical UserInterface) is available in this test form.When the installation process is complete, API is verified for the properoperation. Throughout the process, the API called from the originalenvironment is set up with different parameters to study the test results.
10. What are principles of an API test design?
The five most important principles of an API test design are: * Setup: Create objects, start services, initialize data, etc * Execution: Steps to apply API or the scenario, including logging * Verification: Oracles to evaluate the result of the execution * Reporting: Pass, failed or blocked * Clean up: Pre-test state
12. What is the procedure to perform API testing?
1. Choose the suite to add the API test case 2. Choose the test development mode 3. Demand the development of test cases for the required API methods 4. Configure the control parameters of the application and then test conditions 5. Configure method validation 6. Execute the API test 7. Check test reports and filter API test cases 8. Arrange all API test cases
14. What is the best approach method to perform API testing?
The following factors should be considered when performing API testing: * Defining the correct input parameters * Verifying the calls of the mixture of two or more added value parameters * Defining the basic functionality and scope of the API program * Writing appropriate API test cases and making use of testing techniques such as equivalence class, boundary value, etc. to check the operability * Testing case execution * Comparing the test result with the expected result * Verifying the API behavior under conditions such as connection to files and so on.There are myriad of different API testing tools available. A few of commontools are Katalon Studio, Postman, SoapUi Pro, Apigee, etc. While doing Unitand API testing, both targets source code. If an API method uses code based in.NET then another supporting tool must have .NET.Learn more: SoapUI vs Postman, Katalon Studio: A Review of Top 3 API Tools
31. Which protocol is used by RESTful Web services?
RESTful web services use the HTTP protocol as a medium of communicationbetween the client and the server.
45. When to use SOAP API?
Use the SOAP API to create, retrieve, update or delete records, like accounts,leads, and user-defined objects. With more than 20 different calls, you canalso use the SOAP API to manage passwords, perform searches, etc. by using theSOAP API in any language that supports web services.
Ready to succeed in your next Web API Testing interview
API testing interview questions can be unlimited regarding of the number ofquestions and area covered. Although the above answers might not fully be usedin your interview, we do hope it somehow provides the solid understanding onWeb API testing and gets you ready for the upcoming job and project related toAPI testing.Wish you confidence and luck in your testing career! If you have anysuggestions on this topic, please do not hesitate to add to here. We lookforward to a better and more adequate list to all testers.Read more:What is an API? (Application Programming Interface)