2 See all permissions used by a specific app
Adding Apps on Android TVs
There are select TVs from Element, Hisense, LeECO, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, andWestinghouse that incorporate the Android TV operating system.Here are the steps to add apps on an Android TV.There might be slight variations in the appearance of the screen depending onthe brand and model year of Android TV. 1. From the Android TV Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row or Apps section displayed on your TV screen. 2. To find apps (or games), you can browse, search, or select Get More. 3. Select the app you want to add; you may also be prompted to hit Accept. 4. If the app requires payment, you’ll be prompted to provide payment information. 5. Once installed you can launch the app directly or from the Android TV home screen at your convenience.Some Android TVs also include Chromecast Built-in, which provides a secondoption to access and add streaming apps. Just follow the same procedureoutlined previously for adding apps to TVs with Chromecast Built-in.
Adding Apps on Roku TVs
A Roku TV is one that has the Roku operating system built right into the TV.This means that you don’t have to connect an external Roku streaming stick orbox to the TV to access and manage streaming apps. Roku refers to apps thatprovide video and audio content as Channels. Utilities, such as productivityor network functioning, are referred to as apps.Roku TVs have the same onscreen menu interface as other Roku streamingdevices. This means adding ‘channels’ and ‘apps’ have the same steps.TV brands that offer the Roku system on select TV models include Element,Hisense, Hitachi, Insignia, Philips, RCA, Sharp, and TCL.Here’s how to add a Roku channel using the TV remote:
Download Apps On Sharp Aquos Tv
1. Press the Home button on the Roku TV remote (looks like a house). 2. Select Streaming Channels; this will open the Roku Channel Store. 3. Select the Channel you want to add. 4. Select Add Channel to begin downloading and installation.When the installation is complete, you can open the app. If you don’t open itat that time, it will be the last entry on your viewing list where you canaccess it at any time.In addition to using the Roku TV remote, you can also add channels, includingprivate/hidden channels not listed in the official channel store, using theRoku Mobile App, a PC, or laptop, after which they will be available to watchon your Roku TV.
Adding Apps on Fire Edition TVs
Just as there are TVs with Roku built-in, there are some TVs that have AmazonFire TV functionality built-in. In other words, you can manage and add appsthe same way you would using a plug-in Amazon Fire TV stick or box.TV brands that offer this system on select models include Element, Toshiba,and Westinghouse.The procedure for downloading and installing apps is the same on a FireEdition TV as it is for a Fire TV stick or box.Using the TV’s remote: 1. Go to the Homepage and Select Apps. 2. Selectan app that you would like to add. 3. Select Download or Get. An added notation will appear indicating the app is downloading, then installing. Once the app is installed, there will be an indication that you can open it. The installed app will also be placed on Your Apps and Channels on the home page.
Sharp Smart TV App Options
If you have a Sharp Smart TV that does not include the Roku system, you mayhave one that has either the AppsNOW or VEWD system,formerly known as OperaTV.
Installing an App Using AppsNOW
1. Press the Apps button on your TV remote. 2. Select AppsNOW on your home screen and press OK on your remote. 3. At the top of the screen, you may choose to view all of the available apps or view a sorted list of available apps in several categories, such as Top Features, Movies & TV, Music & Shows, News & Weather, Lifestyle or Games. 4. Select the app you want to install. 5. Press OK on your remote to install the app. 6. Once installed, the icon for that app will have a checkmark in the upper left corner.
What are device administrator privileges?
Device administrator privileges (sometimes called “admin rights”) allow appsto change your device password, lock your phone, or even permanently wipe alldata from your device. Malicious apps can use these privileges against you,but they’re also important for legitimate apps. For example, security appswith admin privileges are difficult to uninstall, which helps stop thievesfrom removing them from your phone. Our free AVG AntiVirus FREE for Androiduses device administrator privileges to let you remotely lock or wipe yourdevice if it’s ever lost or stolen.
How to check app permissions
Curious which permissions an app requires before you install it? Want to seewhich permissions are already being used on your phone? Here are 4 ways tocheck.
1. See app permissions on Google Play before you install
When viewing an app description in Google Play, scroll down to the developerinfo at the bottom of the screen and tap “Permission details” to see whichpermissions the app will ask for. (These descriptions are generic and writtenby Google, so they won’t tell you exactly why that particular app needs thepermissions, but they can still help you know what to expect before youinstall.)Permission details for any app can be viewed right in Google Play.
2. See all permissions used by a specific app
If you’ve already installed an app, here’s how to check which permissions ithas access to.Open your device Settings and tap Apps. Choose any app, and tap Permissions.
3. See all apps that are using a specific permission
This is similar to the method above, but it works from the opposite direction.You first pick a permission, and then you see every app that’s currently usingit.Open your device Settings and tap Apps. Tap the gear icon, then Apppermissions. Choose any permission to see which apps are using it.
4. See app permissions by using AVG AntiVirus for Android
Our free AVG AntiVirus app can also show you which of your apps are usinghigh, average, or low permissions — and let you easily change any that you’reuncomfortable with. (Get AVG AntiVirus for free from Google Play)Open AVG AntiVirus and tap the menu icon. Then scroll down and tap AppPermissions.