8 of the best free antivirus software options
1. AVG Free Antivirus software
As a long-standing antivirus brand, AVG is constantly improving and becomingone of the best free antivirus software with a high reputation for security,strong performance.AVG Free Antivirus creates a safe environment to protect all data oncomputers, on the web and even email. Especially, AVG Free Antivirus hasbuilt-in Enhanced Firewall mode to avoid suspicious activities and traffic.
2. The Best Antivirus Software 2020 Avira Free Antivirus
With the newly added interface, integrated with many new features, Avira FreeAntivirus is a reliable free antivirus software for computers.The change point of Avira Free Antivirus is a combination of artificialintelligence, cloud scanning technology that protects the computer againststrong attacks from viruses and other malicious agents. This latest anti-virussoftware has integrated many scanning modes, compatible with most Windows,macOS operating systems.
4. Bitdefender Antivirus Free
Simple, no need to manipulate much is the first advantage users mentionBitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, this best antivirus software 2020. Inaddition to destroying virus attacks, this software also removes adseffectively by the ability to interact automatically.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free function
* No storage space affects computer RAM * Simple installation does not require a high computer configuration. * Detect and protect computer data before most viruses, malware …
3. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus – Feature Rich Best Antivirus Software
* Overall Rating: 9.5/10 * Key Highlights: Optional VPN, Ransomware protection/remediation & Safepay * Platforms Supported: * Price: $59.99 per year * Devices Covered: Three Devices * Current Offer: Up to 50% OFFBitdefender Antivirus Plus is an accurate & reliable Internet securitysoftware entirely stuffed with valuable bonus features. Bitdefender extendsits package with a Firewall, Spam Filter, Password Manager, VPN, Safepay, andParental Controls. It also offers webcam protection that simply blocksunauthorized access to your webcam & microphone. It even shows you which apps& programs are accessing your microphone. With Safepay, users can block accessto your desktop & any attempt to take screenshots of your screen. Such extrasparky features undoubtedly make it the best antivirus software!Pros: * 30-day build trial available * Anti-tracker extensions for Chrome/Firefox * Has tools like Wi-Fi security scanner, banking protecting, shredder, & more * Annual subscription includes automatic upgrades throughout the year.Cons: * May have some performance impact * Minor ransomware removing issuesGet It Here
4. Kaspersky AntiVirus – Ultimate Security Solution For All-Comers
* Overall Rating: 9.3/10 * Key Highlights: Automatic scanning, crypto mining infection prevention * Platforms Supported: Windows only * Price: $25.05 for two years * Devices Covered: Five Devices * Current Offer: Up to 20% OFFFor anyone looking for more than just an excellent antivirus protectionsolution but not an entire security suite, Kaspersky AntiVirus is a worthychoice. Rather than focusing on additional sparky features, the Internetsecurity software hones in on the basics of complete malware detection &protection. It focuses on web filtering, fastest threat removal, & findingmalicious content before it attacks your system with smart monitoringtechnology. Its other versions Kaspersky Internet Security & Total Securityare advanced & premium security suites with more features, available for30-day trials.Pros: * Easy to use Antivirus solution * Best performing security package * Real-time protection against all viruses * Improved advanced threat defense * A good score in our phishing protection test * Excellent antivirus engineCons: * The full suite offers better value
8. Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus – Lightweight Best Antivirus Software
2021Although most of the top antivirus solutions claim to be the most lightweight,only Webroot is capable of living up to its claim – it’s tiny & runsexceptionally fast. It offers core protection modules, with smart behaviormonitoring, accurate real-time anti-phishing, anti-ransomware protection &other additional tools. Being one of the oldest antivirus solutions in themarket, Webroot has built a strong reputation in the cybersecurity business.One can easily rely on the product for the safety of devices (both at home &workplaces).Pros: * Quick/Deep scanning for entire protection * Offers a Sandbox to test suspicious apps * Potent at blocking malicious links * Doesn’t clash with other security programs * No time-consuming scans * Best antivirus software to protect from latest ID TheftsCons: * Certain features may be overwhelming * Lacks in customization
9. ESET NOD32 Antivirus – Best For Getting Basic Protection Against
* Overall Rating: 8.6/10 * Key Highlights: Basic security against hackers, Anti-phishing, Ransomware shield * Platforms Supported: Windows only * Price: $16.96 for one device/yearly subscription * Devices Covered: Five devices * Current Offer: Save up to $16.55 (on all versions)ESET NOD32 is a fantastic Internet security software to keep your computerssafe from common threats without using lots of system resources. Its state-of-the-art malware detection capabilities ensure that you can enjoy gaming,surfing the web, shopping online, banking without any hiccups. What makes itstand out from other top antivirus software is its robust malware & anti-phishing protection. It’s excellent enough that Google uses it to keep Chromesafe. All the features are packed in sleek design & have straightforward UI.Pros: * Easy to use interface * Affordable variety of plans * Anti-spam features * Scan downloads thoroughly for no threat * Features State-of-the-art malware detection * Doesn’t eat much of system resources * Best antivirus software for basic protectionCons: * No 24-hours tech support * Upgrades for multiple devices is costly * Only works as an antivirus, with no extra tools
10. F-Secure Antivirus Safe – Best Antivirus To Safeguard Family
* Overall Rating: 8.6/10 * Key Highlights: Browsing & banking protection, Ransomware shield, Parental Controls * Platforms Supported: Windows, Mac, Android & iOS * Price: $68.12 for three devices/per year * Devices Covered: Seven devicesF-Secure is one of the best antivirus software 2021 that holds strongpotential to take the market by storm if it didn’t have high pricing models.However, if you are concerned about your device’s security, go for F-SecureAntivirus Safe. It offers decent banking protection with advanced parentalcontrol options. Its desktop UI features a small collection of useful toolsincluding access to quarantine sections (blocked websites). F-Secure is acombination of browser extension & network-level technologies to protect frompotential web threats.Pros: * Good user interface * 30-days free trial * Speedy scans * Finder, to locate lost devices * Tools like URL filtering, banking protection, parental controls & more * Multi-platform best antivirus tool 2021Cons: * Free customer support is not worthy
The Truly Best Free Antivirus for Windows 10- Shield your Device and Data
Below are the best free antiviruses you need to protect your device and datafrom the prying eyes of hackers.
8 of the best free antivirus software options
You don’t have to spend any money in order to get a great antivirus softwarepackage.All products featured here are independently selected by our editors andwriters.If you buy something through links on our site, Mashable may earn anaffiliate commission.By Jennifer Allen2020-05-12 20:02:33 UTCFor any PC user, it’s important to have effective antivirus softwareinstalled. Besides protecting you against nefarious viruses and trojans,antivirus software also blocks spyware and can offer adequate protectionagainst malware and adware.In the past, antivirus software has been known for slowing down PCs due to itsneed to scan extensively on a regular basis. These days though, most softwarehardly makes a dent on your PC’s performance, while still providingprotection.Which antivirus software should you get, though? You might think that you needto spend considerable money in order to get a great antivirus softwarepackage, but that’s not always the case. Plenty of free solutions now existand are worth your time. They’re often made by the same manufacturers of paidsolutions, such as Panda and Adaware. Various reports have demonstrated thatdetection rates and accuracy are nearly as high with free software as they arewith paid. You’re not getting less of a valuable service here. At least, notin terms of spotting viruses, although paid software is sometimes a littlesmarter at spotting the loopholes.SEE ALSO: Best VPNs according to the Reddit communityCompanies often reserve certain features for paying customers, though. Thismeans that typically, free antivirus software offers fewer tools than theirpaid alternatives. For instance, you might find that the free antivirussoftware lacks phishing protection, or an on-demand malware scan, but ifyou’re willing to do a little of the work yourself, they’re still worthchecking out. Paid antivirus software can be bulky and offer a bunch offeatures that you’re just never going to use. They typically lean heavier intothe idea of being security suites rather than just for virus or malwaredetection. That’s great if you need those extra features, but not everyonedoes. If you feel confident using your PC and initiating scans yourself, afree alternative can be a good choice to make.That’s not to say that free antivirus software is always limited either. Someprograms still offer tools such as phishing protection or malicious URLblocking on top of key features like a vulnerability scan or behavioralmalware detection.Just don’t be surprised if technical support is a little more restrictivehere. Usually, free antivirus software users need to fend for themselves,while paid solutions often provide some form of customer support over thephone. Remember though: you’re only ever a Google search away from learning soif you’re comfortable relying on knowledge bases or forums, then you haveplenty of tech support at your fingertips.If you’re fairly technically minded and you don’t need spam filters, extrafirewalls, or other optional features, you can save plenty of money by optingfor a free antivirus software solution.So where do you start? Here’s a little introduction to some of the best freeantivirus software out there. Okay with paying for a service? We’ve got thatcovered too.Plenty of great features • Effective antivirus detection • No slow downPassword manager is limited • Pressure to spend money on extra optionsMost free antivirus software offer limited features but Avast bucks that trendwith a little bit of everything. It’s an essential download.
5 Best Free Antivirus Software
Windows do come with a decent built-in antivirus solution called WindowsDefender. However, it’s still no match for the best third-party antivirustools available today.How We Tested? We evaluated each free antivirus software for ease of use,performance, and reliability on our test system running Windows 10. We thensourced the data from popular antivirus testing labs like AV-TEST, AV-Comparatives, and SE Labs to come up with the top free antivirus list.OS Compatibility – Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.Important! Most free antivirus software will pester you to upgrade to theirpaid software. Some of them will try to get you to install free toolbars orbrowser extensions. So, just keep an eye out when you’re downloading andinstalling these antivirus applications and avoid the unwanted toolbars andextensions.