Agile Best Practices Kanban Project Management
Agile Best Practices: Scrum Project Management
Scrum is considered to be a dominant agile framework, with stats showing that58% of the organizations implement this for their products’ development and18% of organizations use it in combination with other frameworks.Some agile best practices for Scrum implementation are:
1. Creating Product Backlog and Product Vision Together
A product backlog is an ordered list of items that are required to be added toproduct development. A good practice for scrum implementation is to create theproduct backlog and product vision together so that both the development teamand stakeholders are on the same page. This ensures mutual understanding andhelps in aligning the vision in a better way.
3. Setting communication guidelines for teams
Uninterrupted communication is key for the Scrum framework and can become abottleneck if not tackled efficiently. An effective way to ensure seamlesscommunication is to formulate a communication strategy with all the essentialguidelines for teams. This particular practice can really come in handy forremote teams as it will make team goals transparent.
Agile Best Practices: Kanban Project Management
Kanban method was developed by Japan to control the demand and supply ofmaterials in production line using colored cards. Later on, it was adopted forother workflows as well in the form of defined boards for task to-do lists,such as ‘not started’, ‘in-progress’, and ‘done’.For successful implementation of Kanban, the following agile best practicescan be adopted:
Lean Development Model
The essence of lean project management is to implement lean manufacturingprinciples to project management processes. These principles essentially focuson eliminating waste or anything that is not adding any value to the work.Some of the practices for the successful implementation of lean projectmanagement are as follows:
2. Test-driven Development
Before the final code, continuous tests are run to check the functionality ofindividual pieces of code. This practice helps programmers to go throughsituations where the code might fail. It also helps in lowering the defectsand saves time to develop the software.
The exam details:
* Duration of the Exam: 3 hours * Total Number of questions: 120 (Only multiple Choice) * Pass Percentage: There is no percentage mentioned in their site, but score above 70% is eligible for passing this exam. This certification can be ideal for you if you want to be efficient, AgileCoach in a business environment. It works wonder for your career. It alsohelps you to gain proficient coaching skills by providing you with theaptitude to distinguish between training, mentoring, and coaching.To get this Agile certificate, you need to attend the program for three days,and then you can get the certificate without giving any examination. As theirfocus is plentiful usage of discussions, completed case studies, studymaterial with classroom exercises.Certification | ICP- ACC Training —|— Accreditation Body | ICAgile Prerequisites | A basic idea of Agile Methodology and also small workingexperience as an Agile practitioner is recommended Career Path | Agile Coch Average Salary | $119.883 Cost of Certification | $1795
* Duration of the Exam: No exam * Total Number of questions: Not Applicable * Pass Percentage: NA * Requirements: Persson need to attend 16-hour training taught by an IC Agile authorized Training PartnerSAFe Scaled Agilist, also known as SAFe or Scaled Agilist. It is a two daystraining course provided by the training providers. In this Agile course, thecandidate able to learn Agile leadership principles and how to launch SAFe inagile.The application who wants to learn transformational skills should join thiscourse and get ahead in their careers as a job as a SAFe Agilist job.Certification | Leading SAFe Training course —|— Accreditation Body | Scaled Agile Prerequisites | You need a minimum of 5 years Experience in softwaredevelopment and testing, the management or business analyst Experience Scrum Exam Details: | You need to give an answer to a set of 45 questions within 90minutes. To pass, you must give correct answers to 34 questions. Career Path | * Agile Coach * Release Tram Engineer * Program Consistent Cost of Certification | The first attempt fees are included in the courseregistration fee itself. However, the condition that the exam should be takenwithin 30 days after completing the course After that each retake cost $50 Average Salary | The average salary of a PMI-ACP is around $123,000 US dollarper year.
* Exam Duration: 90 minutes * Number of questions: 45 (Multiple Choice, Closed Book) * Pass Percentage: 75% * Requirements: A person should attend an in-person 21-hour training by an IC Agile authorized Training Partner.CSM is from Scrum Alliance, which is a private organization based out of USA.This course covers the entire Scrum Framework. Scrum is the leading frameworkfor implementing the Agile methodology, widely benefited software developerall over the world. The organization aim of supporting widespread adoption andeffective practice of Agile Scrum.The Scrum Alliance offers six certification courses for IT and softwaredevelopers: * Certified Scrum Master * Certified Scrum Trainer * Certified Scrum Developer * Certified Scrum Professional * Certified Scrum Coach * Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification | Advanced Scrum Master certification —|— Accreditation Body | Scrum Alliance Course Includes | It includes interaction, coaching, facilitation, and teamdynamics. Prerequisites | * Basics of Scrum to understand the framework in a shorter period of time. * 1 year of working Experience as a Scrum Master in the Last five years Career Path | * Scrum Master * Mentor * Coach * Manager * Product Owner Average salary | $100,000 to $ 130,000 Cost of Certification | $1295 to $1495 Renewal Cost | The certification needs to renew every two years, no extratraining or examination.
* Exam Duration: 1 hour * Number of questions: 50 (Multiple Choice, Closed Book) * Pass Percentage: 37 answers should be correct * Requirements: You need to attend an in-person, 16-hour course taught by a Certified Scrum TrainerScrum Alliance provides the Certified Scrum Professional certification. Ithelps to recognize and demonstrates the ability of the candidate in theadvanced skill of artifacts, procedures, roles, and procedures of the ScrumFramework.Certification | Certified Scrum Professional —|— Accreditation Body | Scrum Alliance Prerequisites | * You should know the basic of a Scrum to understand the overall framework in less amount of time. * An active A-CSM certification * 2 years of working Experience as a Scrum Master. Career Path | * Scrum Master * Mentor * Coach Manager Average Salary | $115,000 Cost of Certification | $1295 Renewal Cost | $250
* Exam Duration: 1 hour * Number of questions: 50 (Multiple Choice, Closed Book) * Pass Percentage: 37 answers should be correct
Benefits of Agile Certification Training:
Here are pros/advantages of Agile Certification training: * It helps professionals to understand the principles and develop proficiency in the agile methodologies. * Agile certification helps you to expertise in Project Management and job roles associated with Senior Management. * Help you to boost teamwork and employee morale. * Helps you to learn a technique for planning as well as estimating the cost of a project in an Agile way. * It offers a wide range of Agile approaches like FDD, Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, etc. * Agile certification helps you to achieve a high rate of growth in their career. * Helps professional in discovering new practices for dynamic management of the project. It allows people compare to Agile principles that help you to enhance your teamwork * The Agile methodology benefits you to change the mindset and perspective of people working in the industry as project managers * Agile certification will earn a lot more money, respect, and honor compared to non-certified professionals. * You can easily get exam dumps online to practice before your test.
1. Superior quality product
In Agile project management, testing is an integrated part of the projectexecution phase which means that the overall quality of the final product isgreater. The client remains involved in the development process and can askfor changes depending on the market realities. Since Agile is an iterativeprocess, self-organizing teams keep on learning and growing with time andcontinue improving.
2. Customer satisfaction
In the Agile, the customer is always involved in the decision-making processwhich leads to greater customer retention. In the traditional framework, thecustomer is only involved in the planning phase and does not influenceexecution which affects the flexibility and adaptability. By keeping thecustomer in the loop and making changes according to their feedback, youdeliver value to the customer and ensure that the final product is trulyaccording to their requirements.Another benefit of Agile Project Management is that the go-to-market time getssignificantly reduced. This allows the product owner to successfullycapitalize on the opportunity and in some cases, enjoy the first-moveradvantage. It’s only natural that when customers get to enjoy these benefitsbecause of your performance, they’ll come back to you for other projects.
7. Continuous improvement
Working on self-reflection and striving for continuous improvement is one ofthe 12 core principles of the Agile manifesto. The methodology works initerations which means that each sprint will be better than the last one andprevious mistakes will not be repeated. Agile methodologies foster an openculture of idea exchange and collaboration which allows team members to learnfrom shared experiences and improve together.